Monday, May 5, 2014

starting over

i've struggled with my weight my whole adult life. i didn't get the good metabolism genes. both of my siblings are slim and trim and i seem to gain fat like a magnet grabs metal.
 
every time, i say this is different, signing up for challenge after challenge and failing by day 2 because of being tired and burned out.
 
i wrote something a little while ago, and i think it's time to share and to do:
there is will or there is won't
there is do or there is don't
there is can or there is can't
trying isn't committing
there isn't an in-between
i want to be committed
i need to be committed
i am committed
 
it's that simple. i'm tired of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin.
 
i have a few hurdles and hard areas, but let's talk first about what's going for me.
  1. i have a great gym - it's basic (planet fitness), but has everything i need
  2. i love running
  3. once i start to work out the adrenaline gets pumping and I enjoy  it even when it’s hard
  4. eating clean is fun - i love creating new recipes
here are my stupid hurdles.
  1. after 2 days i am unable to keep working out.
  2. when it comes to HIIT's i'm unable to finish them
  3. i get embarrassed at the gym and sometimes leave early because i feel like i'm doing everything wrong
  4. as much as i love clean eating, i love junk food so much more
have you read my story before? is it you? 

the purpose of this blog is just for me to journal my fitness journey, share my failures, and celebrate my victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment